Friday, June 13, 2008

Hair fun!

Sorry for the hiatus - I've been in Denver visiting Roomie and her beautiful children. It was a great week and I'm well rested - much better for the lines in my face than studying!

A few fun things happened while I was there:

1. I got to try Catwalk's Oatmeal and Honey Conditioner - I've been dying to try this stuff, because I adore Catwalk products and because the flavor smells SO yummy. Roomie had some in her guest shower, so I gave it a try. It's very thick, the smell is delicious, and my hair responded really well. It's formulated for damaged hair, but I think it would work for just about anyone, except maybe those with really fine hair - it could be too heavy. And, as luck would have it, a salon in the mall had the 1L size 60% off today! Lucky me! I bought a pump to make it extra convenient. I can't wait to try it!

2. I got to go to Ulta for the first time - I'd been hearing all about their fun beauty products, especially that, unlike Sephora, they have a large hair care section. On my list of products to try was Frederic Fekkai's Glossing Cream. Beauty mavens all over the web have raved about this product - and I must say, they weren't lying! I have yet to try it with my hair curly, but when it's straight, it makes my hair SO shiny and smooth, it's really unbelievable. Also, now that I am back to a deep brunette again, the extra shine really gives an extra kick! I think it would make a great product for those who have straight hair and don't necessarily NEED product, but could use a little extra shine and sleekness. Also, it makes my hair really soft. Good stuff. Slightly high on the price tag (ranges from $9 for travel size to $26.50 for 7oz) - but they recommend using just a pea size amount, so it should last forever. I think it's going to be one of my new favorite products.

3. This wasn't in Denver, but I read about it on the plane back, so it counts. Sunsilk, who, admittedly, really doesn't produce all that great of hair care products (but they'll do for the price), has come out with a summer line called Waves of Envy. One of those to give you that wave that looks like you've been in/at the ocean all day. They have a shampoo, conditioner, glossing cream and spray. I bought the spray at $2.83 - a steal even if it only half works. I tried it last night to get that tousled look (my hair had been straight), and I was pretty satisfied - I think it would work better if I tried it on my hair when it's curly, or if someone with straight hair did it - because anything moisturizing wants to make my hair curly again. However, I think it will be fun for the beach next week! Definitely worth the $3 if you want a fun summer look!

Sunsilk is also offering free samples, but honestly, for $3 - who wants to wait 10-12 weeks???


Finally, I learned a cool tip that might be useful with either the Glossing Cream or the Waves of Envy. A website was promoting how to put wave in your hair, and their recommendation was to apply the product, then take sections of your hair, twist them, and hold them (loose or tight - depends on how you want your wave) while you dry them with the blow dryer - presto! Waves! The cream should eliminate most of the frizz. I even tried it on my hair straight out of the shower - and while it made me more ringlets than waves (shocker...), it definitely make a different look!

Happy Summer Hair-ing!

No comments: