Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Colossal Volume Express Mascara

Lately, I've been unimpressed with my mascara. Maybe it's because I'm bored with my makeup in general, despite my having such an arsenal that I've put myself on a makeup diet. No unnecessary makeup unless I REALLY need a fix. Well, I decided that "dissatisfaction with mascara options" was clearly an emergency in need of reparations.

Now, I had previously been happy with my Dior Show Mascara, but at $28 a tube, I just really can't justify its not being 100% perfect. Plus, it has a little bit of a clumping issue. So I went back to my old standby, Maybelline Define-a-Lash. And it was ok. But after the awesome lash plumping goodness of Dior Show, I couldn't go back to wimpy lashes. So I'm torn - Maybelline: cheaper, with the cool synthetic brush, or Dior: more expensive, but with the added ability of getting me to 2pm still looking like I'm wearing mascara.

So after much contemplation, soul searching, and walking past it on my twice-weekly Target treks, I decided to buy the Colossal Volume Express mascara. Now this is only day 2, but already I am WAY IMPRESSED. I have now achieved nice, full lashes with a nice, cheap price and a synthetic brush! HOORAY!

My only gripe is that the tube is kinda large - I guess to go along with the Colossal name. But eh.

Give it a try - $5.99 at Target. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

No comments: