Saturday, April 26, 2008

Be still my heart - Benefit's Posietint!

I love Benefit Cosmetics. I really love everything about them. They have amazing products, yes, but more importantly, they understand the true value of marketing and packaging. They understand the perfect way to make you absolutely desperate to get your hands on the brand new thing they're offering. Clever, clever people over there at Benefit.

Benefit was the first "upscale" cosmetics line I ever seriously bought products from, with the obvious exception of Clinique. I visited the Benefit counter at a mall in Atlanta about 8 years ago, where I was instantly sold on a bottle of their Benetint lip and cheek stain. It's this cute little bottle that looks like nail polish, and in it is a sweet rose-smelling stain that gives you a nice glow. I have been wearing it ever since! The only complaint ever uttered from my ruby-stained lips was that on the lips of a pale person, sometimes the red was just a little too...well, red.

And as though they heard my every prayer:


A new shade of Benetint - in lighter, springy-er pink! HOORAY! It's called Posietint, and as for now, it isn't quite available. YET. Apparently it will be widespread come June - so consider yourselves warned, be ready to go pick it up! I always get excited when Benefit comes out with a new product, but this one definitely takes the cake. It's bound to be great, and I'm sure people will be snatching it up all over the place.

So consider yourselves on the front end of the Beauty "What's Happening."

You're welcome.

P.S. Word on the street is I'm getting a larger fan base - nothing like your mom doing marketing for you! Feel free to post comments or ask any questions - I still have a TON of makeup that never gets written about here, and I'm always looking to try new things.

No comments: