Monday, April 21, 2008

Springtime nails!

I know, hide your shock. I never talk about nails! Why is this? Probably because I was born without them. Instead, I was granted these weak, rice paper consistency, oddly shaped things on the ends of my fingers. They've rarely resembled nails, so why call them that? Now, my toenails? Strong like bull. But my weenie nails...well, they just disappoint. They have yet to ever grow fully past the end of my finger, and when they do, they ultimately break off. Sadness.

However, in the past month, I have begun taking Biotin supplements, which are one of the many herbal supplements out there to help hair and nails. Now, I'm not sure they're working to a "fabulous" degree, but I will say that my fingernails have moved up to at least the consistency of weak cardstock, which is a vast improvement over rice paper!

Because my nails never look pretty or long, I subsequently do not a) paint them or b) get manicures (the manicurist inevitably laughs at me - as though I CHOOSE this!) However, due to recent growth, I decided to get springy and paint them a nice light color. I found the Sally Hansen Salon Nail Laquer in Sheerly Beloved, and for the first time in the history of my life my nails got complimented!

I'm not sure if this is a product endorsing blog, or more an outlet for my personal coup over my horrible nails, but take it as you will. This color of nail polish is nice because it looks sort of like a subtle french manicure, without the fussiness. I'm sold.

I took pictures: one with flash (to see my tiny nubbin nails) and one with natural light, to see the true color of the polish.




No comments: