SO, enter Maybelline, who loves to solve the problems of the cheap and makeup obsessed. Plus, they manage to have their foundation NOT smell like Noxema (ahem, Cover Girl). And to top it off, Target had it on sale and so did CVS, so it was a natural assumption that it would become part of my coterie.
What I love:
- Good coverage - I put it on with a brush, because I am tres snob like that, but I start from the outside of the face and work in, and I like the coverage.
- NOT HEAVY - mark this day in history - for once, I like a liquid...it doesn't sit like a 400lb gorilla in my (very small and totally happiness created) wrinkles
- Many colors - and, GET THIS, at (my) CVS, they even had samples you could try to check color. I got classic ivory. Yeah, I'm pale. Shut it.
- It stays in place - Now, I would never, ever, ever talk badly about my favorite tinted moisturizer. However, they have a tendancy to disappear right around 1pm. And since no one I know has retired yet, this is typically before end of working (schooling?) day.
What I don't love:
- Actually, NOTHING! So far, I'm really liking it! Wonder of wonder, miracle of miracles!
- OK, wait, I have one - if you don't wear powder over it (which I always do, so this is not a problem), you can look slightly shiny. But it could be construed as good shiny (ie glowing). Your choice, really.